PE Curriculum and Sport Premium
At Wilbury, we have designed a PE curriculum that aims to go beyond National Curriculum guidelines; creating a subject which develops both new and existing skills in all children. Throughout their time at school, each pupil will be taught the fundamental movements – which are vitally important in their development, not only in PE, but in other subjects too. This approach allows pupils to develop a high level of physical literacy, which can be transferred into numerous sports, physical activities, and general healthy play.
All children should be provided with the opportunities to:
- Become physically literate while embarking on their own personal skills journey in an enjoyable environment.
- Experience a wide range of traditional and non-traditional sports and activities.
- Develop confidence and competence in performing skills individually, as part of a group and, where appropriate, to an audience
- Build social, personal, cognitive, creative, and physical skills though a holistic approach to learning
- Pursue aptitudes and interests that promote a healthy lifestyle
- Understand, in an age-related way, the effects physical activity and exercise has on their body